Governance now represents one of the most important ingredients in the successful operation of any company. In essence Governance refers to the processes, principles, and procedures by which businesses are operated, regulated and controlled.
From a stakeholder point of view it refers to the manner by which the controlling influences within a company maximise profit while balancing social, cultural and civic responsibility.
Mr Turner sits on the Boards of companies listed on the ASX, NSX and OSLO (Norway) exchange and specialises in the area of Governance. Along with his experienced audit team we can:
- Carry out a detailed review of your Governance controls and report back to the directors or the Board
- Advise Not-For-Profit (NFP) entities of the many governance requirements that need to be implemented at all Board and Committee levels to comply with the minimum standards to secure grant income from government and non-government agencies.
- Assist NFPs moving from an Unincorporated Association to an Incorporated Association or Company Limited by Guarantee. We can advise on the governance requirements to maximise your grant opportunities.
- Undertake specific analysis of controls surrounding the Directors obligation to produce financial reports free of error and fraud.
- Conduct a multi-layer review of controls limited to the Board and / or Committees.
- Perform a detailed review of the entity’s overall financial and accounting internal controls structure.
Would you like to talk more about governance?
Fellow of the Certified Practicing Accountants of Australia (FCPA)
Certified Taxation Advisor
Registered Company Auditor
Registered Superannuation Auditor
Registered Tax Agent
Bachelor of Business (Accounting)